Today, I took a virtual tour of a Smithsonian museum called National Museum of Natural History. This museum is located in Washington D.C. Moreover, this museum is one of a kind and has a sense of grandeur. It is very impressive from the inside and out. When I took the virtual tour of the museum I was beyond amazed. The museum contained everything; from the dinosaurs to an exhibit dedicated to Western Cultures. This museum also has temporary exhibits that change from time to time. These exhibits can be hands on activities or regular museums like exhibits.
This museum contained innumerable exhibits. For example: the dinosaur exhibit. This exhibit was astounding. It consisted of all kinds of dinosaurs. For instance, the exhibit contained a tyrannosaurus rex skull as large as an elephant. The skull was humungous and was accompanied by many facts about t-rexes and other dinosaurs that were carnivores.
Furthermore, another exhibit at the museum was the Mammal Hall. Mammal Hall was the most fascinating hall of all. This exhibit included every kind of animal in African, North America, and South America. For instance the exhibit portrayed a jungle in which the lions, giraffes, tigers and other animals were shown in their natural habitats. These statues of animals were also accompanied with facts about the animals and their natural habitats.
Just like these two exhibits there were many more which contained a lot of information and was incredible at the same time. The great diversity of exhibits in this museum was the best part because then when I actually visit in person one day, I can learn about more than one topic. I can learn about what happened from the beginning of Earth's history till now. This museum seems like great place on the virtual tour that I saw and I would really like to visit The National Museum of Natural History in person one day.
This museum contained innumerable exhibits. For example: the dinosaur exhibit. This exhibit was astounding. It consisted of all kinds of dinosaurs. For instance, the exhibit contained a tyrannosaurus rex skull as large as an elephant. The skull was humungous and was accompanied by many facts about t-rexes and other dinosaurs that were carnivores.
Furthermore, another exhibit at the museum was the Mammal Hall. Mammal Hall was the most fascinating hall of all. This exhibit included every kind of animal in African, North America, and South America. For instance the exhibit portrayed a jungle in which the lions, giraffes, tigers and other animals were shown in their natural habitats. These statues of animals were also accompanied with facts about the animals and their natural habitats.
Just like these two exhibits there were many more which contained a lot of information and was incredible at the same time. The great diversity of exhibits in this museum was the best part because then when I actually visit in person one day, I can learn about more than one topic. I can learn about what happened from the beginning of Earth's history till now. This museum seems like great place on the virtual tour that I saw and I would really like to visit The National Museum of Natural History in person one day.
Sources: http://www.mnh.si.edu/panoramas/#
No comments:
Post a Comment